Since I published an article with some substance yesterday, I am going to limit this one to just 6 thoughts.
- The Tigers looked dreadful in the first two games of the World Series. This is still a team with only one great starter, an infield that is heavier than the contestants on The Biggest Loser, and the Kate Upton curse on them (Mr. Verlander, she’s a little too young for you). This is also a team that lost 10 of 18 to the Cleveland Indians. And we all know the Indians were just awful at times. If a team couldn’t beat the 2012 Cleveland Indians, you know they can’t be that good. And that has been shown in this World Series. That said, the Giants do deserve plenty of credit. To hold a top offense to only 3 runs in 3 games is not only amazing, its unbelievable. The Tigers were only shut out twice during the regular season! Oh, and Pablo Sandoval hitting .636 after 3 World Series games is also unbelievable. I guess the Kung Fu Panda isn’t scared of big moments.
- Braxton Miller had a terrible first half against Penn State. I’ve always said that if a team can force Braxton to pass, they’ll have a really good chance to win. I believe Miller is a very bad passer and a 4/12 first half proved me right. In the second half, Miller only completed 3 more passes, but he ran the ball well enough to give Ohio State another victory. Sooner or later, his legs will fail him and Ohio State will be screwed because he is one dimensional and can not pass.
- The Lakers cut Andrew Goudelock yesterday. The second year player out of the College of Charleston played in 40 games last season and averaged 15 points per 36 minutes played. He would have been a nice role player on the Lakers because of his youth and speed. As a senior at Charleston, Goudelock averaged 23.7 points per game. He’ll find a spot somewhere because he can shoot well, though it may take some D-League time before he gets another NBA look.
- Major League Baseball is an extremely profitable business. Minor League Baseball, however, is not. That said, Minor Leaguers get paid so little that it is very tough to keep up with the bills. Players like R.A. Dickey and Phil Coke are two of the better known examples of players who have needed to get second jobs to supplement their playing careers. If Major League Baseball is making so much money, it should be able to pay its minor league players more. Even if it still isn’t near the Major League minimum, these players should be making more than the pennies they’re currently getting.
- I am SICK of these annoying political attack ads. I’m glad that I DVR a lot of my TV, so I have been able to miss plenty of them, but there are so many on every channel that I can’t avoid them. We get it, Romney can’t stick to an opinion and Obama didn’t fix anything over the last four years. And since we all know that, can’t they just stop the stupid attacks? Clearly not. I saw the President speak last week when he visited Cleveland and he was amazing. The speech hit close to home for many Clevelanders and it didn’t have that many attacks against Romney. Instead of solely tearing down his competition, the President focused on what he has accomplished in his four years and weaved in a small jab at Romney here and there. I can’t vote and I’m not going to tell you who I want to vote for, but I just can not wait until the election is over and I can watch live TV again.
- I, just like everyone else, am shocked that James Harden was traded to the Rockets. He’s not Dwight Howard, but he’s also worse than a healthy Kevin Martin as a scorer. Harden can pass and rebound better than Martin, but I’m not sold on him as a number one option on a team. I don’t believe Harden can really run an offense by himself. He’s good, but playing with Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons, and Omer Asik is much different than playing with KD35, Russell Westbrook, and Kendrick Perkins. Besides the player improvement, the Thunder got two first round picks! Now that is a steal! Oklahoma City General Manager Sam Presti should be proud of the trade he made and James Harden should buy a comfortable couch for during next year’s playoffs.
Anything I missed? Anything I’m wrong about? Let me know about it. Comment below or Contact Us above.